Thursday, January 29, 2009

January Recap

Well, January has come and is almost gone so I just wanted to give our friends and family a recap. Our first day back from Christmas vacation, Jackson had an accident at daycare which required 3 trips to the doctor that week, the 1st to get the cut super glued, the 2nd to get it looked at where we found out it was infected, and the third as a check up to make sure it wasn't infected again. As bad as the experience was, Jackson was a real trooper considering we had to change the bandages 4-5 times a day...he never even tried to rip them off and his cut is looking much better now.

As those of you that visit our blog know, we found out our final addition to our family is going to be another boy. Admittedly, I was pretty taken back as I realized I'd never experience having my own daughter but I am getting used to the idea of a house full of boys and I know that someday, I will realize the Lord's wisdom and I love the relationship I have with my boys, there's just something special about a mother/son relationship.

On January 17th, Kaden and I met my sister and her family and went to "Walking With Dinosaurs" at the Energy Solutions Arena. The boys loved it and I even enjoyed it, it was very realistic...the boys kept asking us if the dinosaurs were real.

On January 23rd, we celebrated Jackson's 2nd birthday. My mom came down for the weekend so we went to a nice dinner, had his birthday cake and opened his presents the next morning...pretty low key but I'll take it since I'm sure there will be plenty of birthday parties to come.

Other than those events, we've just been trying to enjoy each day together (just the 4 of us for now) and prepare ourselves for our new arrival and the adjustments that are sure to come. Although it seems very far away, I know from past experience that it's going to go very quickly.

The day after the "incident" and before the infection set in

A lacrosse helmet that Kaden fell in love with and wanted me to buy ($150!) so he could just wear it around the house

Kaden and Jackson watching their favorite show together - Max & Ruby

Kaden and Jackson pretending to sleep on the two stairs from the kitchen to the family room

One of Jackson's birthday presents

A Max & Ruby CD, that will be great in the car!

Walking With Dinosaurs



2 comments:

Tara Ann said...

I wanted to take my brother to the Walking with Dinosaurs... but we had too much going on this month. It looks like you guys had a great show to watch (love the pictures!)

What a fun month for your little family!

Mandy Jarvis said...

Jillian did that when she was one on her forehead. We took her to the er as well they took forever to get to us and it started healing, then they said lets just glue it. So they did, not even a day later it broke open and we took him to children's they were appalled at the job they had done... they should've stitched it. Anyways long story short this was a bad experience but we survived... somehow we always do. PS I think you are going to make an amazing mother of boys, you'll figure out your journer as you always have. From the day I met you, you were this amazing person with so much to give... I can only imagine how those boys are going to grow up with a mother like you! They are blessed.