Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's 2009

For New Year's this year we went up to Smithfield and stayed a couple of nights with my sister and her family. It's always a challenge traveling with Jackson since he doesn't sleep as well anywhere else as he does in his own bed and he's just at that age where it's hard to take him places since he's constantly on the go and knows no boundaries but we attempted it anyway...making sure to take the DVD player and lots of Baby Einstein's in the car and Kaden taking his Leapster. Our next car is definitely going to have a built-in DVD player so I don't have to turn around 20 times to push buttons, adjust the screen, etc. We went up on New Year's Eve morning and the boys played and napped until evening when we went to see the Aggies play basketball at the Spectrum. That night, I think we all fell asleep before the ball dropped so it was a pretty exciting New Year's as you can imagine. The next day, we took the boys (minus Jackson) bowling where I was the lowest score...I think I barely made it over 50. I used to be a pretty good bowler but being pregnant definitely makes everything a bit more difficult...I just couldnt' get my body to do what it was supposed to.

After bowling, we had pizza at famous Frederico's (my all time favorite) and then went home for an evening of Wii. My sister's family got a Wii for Christmas and they had just bought guitar hero to go with it so we Wii bowled and pretended we were rockstars for the rest of the night...it was pretty fun and Guitar Hero is actually extremely challenging and Ray pretty much beat everyone he played...I think he was meant to be a guitar rock star in another life, had he not met me. Enjoy the pictures.


It was hard to get Kaden to smile because he was always concentrating so hard.

Best friends

Cousin Kyler
I finally got kind of a smile

Kasen and Kaden racing motorcyles at the fun park after bowling

Jackson just content to play with the toys

0 comments: