Friday, January 16, 2009

The Color of the Day Is...

BLUE! So, yesterday was the big day...the ultrasound and we are having our third baby boy and there is no mistaking it is a boy...we have a very clear picture but to avoid embarassing him someday, I decided not to post it. So, Ray's brother, Brian, has 3 girls now (#3 on the way) and we have 3 boys (#3 on the way). Overall, there seems to be a predominance of boys in the Balls family genes. It would have been a very new and crazy experience to have a baby girl in the house (I wasn't sure how to even change the diaper for my baby niece over the holidays) but we can do the boy thing and if the third time's the charm...we should have it pretty smooth sailing this time around. The ultrasound technician was great (we were in and out of there in about 30 minutes) and we were able to see so much...both arms, legs, fingers, toes, brain, kidney, liver, stomach, spine, four chambers of the heart, umbilical cord, lips, nose, eye sockets...and she said he looks great and she has no concerns. He even has a little personality already since he was kicking and moving like crazy and even stuck his tongue out at us! I hope what everyone is telling me is true...that when my boys get into the pre-teen/teen years, I'll be very grateful to have all boys...I guess we'll see. All of my friends with girls, you'll have to let me know and I guess I'll just have to be praying for exceptional daughters-in-law to go shopping and to chick flicks with down the road. Although Kaden was hoping for a girl, I know he'll be a great big brother and was pretty excited when I told him he gets to be a big brother twice but Jackson only gets to be a big brother once...he thought that was pretty cool, I know they will all have a blast playing with each other and there is definitely a special bond between boys and their moms.


7 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Hey, Congratulations!!! Another little boy, huh?! We seem to be stuck in the one-sex mode! ;) I'm sure, like me, you'll love having all of one sex. I, too, was a bit freaked out with the thought of having a boy after two girls- I would have NO CLUE. Makes life easier, doesn't it?! We're very excited for you. You've got darling boys- it'll be fun to see whom this one resembles.

whit said...

Congrats. Very exciting news. My friend recently had her 5th boy. You do have cute boys, and I am sure your next will be no exception.

Tara Ann said...

Congrats Kami! I am sure you will do as wonderful of a job with a third little boy as you have with the first two - they always look so happy and so full of life :)

Mandy Jarvis said...

So who says you have to go to chick flicks with just girls? I love hanging out with my brother! He's a great one to go to chick flicks with... he goes with my mom everytime he comes home!

Ryan said...

Congratulations on another boy! I too have noticed a preponderance of Balls boys. I actually found a study that links the gender of a man's offspring to the the number of brothers and sisters he has. It seems to hold true in our branch of the family tree!

Zappe Family said...

Congrats! Glad to hear all is well!

Melanie said...

Congrats on another boy! We're big fans of having a family of boys too....as long as they marry girls I approve of.