Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaden!

Kaden is now officially 4 years old. We had his birthday party on Saturday with his cousins and some of his friends from the ward. We had it at Gymcats and the kids got to swing on the rope and fall into the foam pit, jump on the trampoline, swing on the bars and rings, jump in the bounce house, and run all over the place. Moms and dads got to join but mostly the kids got to run around and get all their energy out. We did presents and cake there too so when it was all over, we just had to grab the kids and go and didn't have to worry about any of the mess. IT WAS GREAT! I think the kids had a great time but as easy as it sounds, it was still a lot of work to get ready for it. Invitations, cake, goodie bags, RSVPs, presents, etc. But, seeing the kids have so much fun...it was well worth it.

I loved my friend Sarah's collage of Kennedy's pictures from birth to age 4 so I'm going to do the same. It's amazing to see pictures next to each other and realize just how much Kaden has grown up. I can't believe he will be 5 on his next birthday and then off to kindergarten and then I have a feeling that at that point, time is going to fly even faster than it already has. We had a great day and I'm so lucky to have such a sweet little 4 year old. Since this blog posting is dedicted to my sweet Kaden, I'll share some of the things I love about him:

1. He is the BEST big brother...he loves Jackson so much and has never even had one second of anger or annoyance toward him, just pure big brother love.
2. He is extremely forgiving of his parents and is so quick to hug us and tell us he loves us even when we're not the easiest people to love at that particular moment.
3. He is kind to others and people love to be around him.
4. He has so much confidence in himself...he can try anything and talk to anyone.
5. He has a smile that just melts my heart and reminds me what is really important.

Enjoy the collage of pictures of our sweet Kaden over the last 4 years. We love you sweet boy.










WE LOVE YOU KADEN!


4 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Happy Birthday, Kaden (our St. Patty's Day baby!)! It's amazing at how much he has always looked like himself. I see so much of Ray in him. We're looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Bennett Family said...

so hard to BELIEVE!!! he' darling. happy bday big boy! it goes TOO fast!

can't wait to see you as well.
email me.
bnpbennett@yahoo.com

Zappe Family said...

Cute! Happy Bday!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing Kaden's pic's over the years, it was fun to see them all together. We look forward to your visit here in WA, let us know what days you will be here so we make sure we get to see you.

We now have a blog and I'll try to keep it current

www.lyverfamily.blogspot.com
Take care,

Lisa Lyver