Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweet Baby Evan Turns 1!

Our last (but certainly not least) baby boy turned 1 this month, on May 15th. As is our usual custom, we didn't do a big birthday party, we just celebrated quietly at home as a family. We made red velvet cake and cupcakes with buttercream frosting and everyone loved it. I think the pictures say it all.

Our dear sweet baby Evan...this year has flown by and you are such a joy to our family. We can already tell that you love your older brothers SO much and they love you and always are quick to help us take care of you. I love your sweet smile, your chubby cheeks and legs, and the silly noises you make all the time. Most of all, I love snuggling with you on my shoulder before nap times and bedtime. Although I was almost positive you were going to be a girl, I wouldn't trade you for all the girls in the world and thank you for completing our family...I know how blessed we are every time I look in your big blue eyes and see you reach for me. We love you!


I think someone's excited for his birthday!

Mom's attempt at a homemade birthday cake.


"What's this?"



"Hmmmmmmm...."


"Pretty tasty!"



What would a birthday be without the ceremonial smashing of the birthday cake into the hair?



I think this pictures sums up the day! We love you sweet Evy boy!

1 comments:

Mandy Jarvis said...

He looks like such a sweet boy. It comes through all the pictures. Happy birthday little man!