Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I always love reading people's blogs when they post the funny things their kids say and I always tell myself that I need to do that down the road I can remember the funny things my kids say. Well, I'm finally doing it.

Today at lunch, Kaden told me that one of the kids in his class has a stepmom and a stepdad. He asked me what a stepmom was. So, as bluntly and as gently as I could, I explained to him that if I died and daddy got married to someone else then that woman would be his stepmom or if daddy died and I got married to someone else then that man would be his stepdad. I also assured him that neither daddy or I plan to die or remarry anyone else. His response was something to the effect of, "My kids are going to have a stepmom." I said, "Really, you want your kids to have a stepmom? I don't think I want my kids to have a stepmom, why do you?" He replied, "Because I like both Mary and Lacey."

Mary and Lacey are a couple of his female classmates at school. Talk about quick reasoning skills! My initial reaction was shock, laughter, and now I'm wondering if I should be worried more than anything!

2 comments:

Bennett Family said...

he's barking up the wrong tree - he needs to look into polygamy! :)
lol
smart boy.

Mandy Jarvis said...

Love it!