Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Halloween

Well, my least favorite holiday of the year has once again come and gone and now we can look forward to my favorite holiday...Christmas. I really wish I could be more excited about Halloween and be the kind of mom that dresses up with my kids and guys a lot of decorations to make our house look REALLY spooky like some of our neighbors do but I'm just not that into it. But, I allow my kids to get really excited about it and we made plenty of Halloween cupcakes to take to friends and eat on family night, we decorated the house and put up the pumpkin Halloween lights and of course, we decorated the pumpkins.

I am so impressed with myself that I did one of the pumpkins entirely by myself! We got an electric pumpkin carving knife and it was much easier. Also, I'm glad Kaden FINALLY got to be Darth Vadar for Halloween...he's been waiting for 2 years now so he could finally fit into the costume. Enjoy the pictures of our Halloween adventure for 2009!

We started with this...compliments of Debbie at daycare:


Kaden's Halloween graham cracker house



Jackson's Halloween graham cracker house
The Sunday before Halloween we did this for family night:

Love the look on his face (but he still wouldn't touch the goo!)


He did a great job scraping all by himself

A few days before Halloween we did this:

Kaden's pumpkin (didn't turn out like it was supposed to so we improvised)


Jackson's pumpkin

And after much waiting and anticipation, the kids finally got to do this:




1 comments:

Mandy Jarvis said...

I agree with you i'm not a halloween mom either. We did the pumpkins ala Mr. Potato Head style and we did make some goodies to give to friends but as for decorating...nada! Just the costumes for the kids!
Yours look great and LOVE the face Jackson has in that picture that makes goin through halloween worth it!