Friday, November 23, 2007

Biking in November!

After having a horribly hot summer, we got some beautiful weather, in November! A couple of weeks ago, the weather was so nice, we got the Christmas lights up (without coats on) and Ray took Kaden and Jackson on a bike ride around the neighborhood so I just wanted to share the cute pics of my boys (all of them)!





Sorry, no Thanksgiving pictures to share this year...it was very uneventful. We actually stuck around home this year. We had planned to have Thanksgiving dinner with our good friends, the Madsens, and their two boys but the night before Thanksgiving, their little boy, Ben (almost 18 months old) got a bad case of croup and ended up at Primary Children's Hospital overnight. Since Kaden is EXTREMELY prone to get croup and has already had it twice this year, we decided to have our own Thanksgiving (I was not mentally or physically prepared to pack for two kids at the last minute to head out of town...I need more planning time than a few hours). So, we had our own little Thanksgiving, complete with pumpkin pie (which I have to say was pretty good for my first time making it...thanks to Marie Calendar ready-made pie crusts!) I was wondering if staying at home was such a great idea and then when Jackson threw up both his lunch and dinner and started running a 102 degree fever, I was pretty grateful we stayed at home. Ahhhhh, the holidays...I swear kids always know when you've got something planned or there's a holiday, they ALWAYS get sick...at least ours do.
Ray finally talked me into buying a fake Christmas tree, especially since we weren't heading to Wyoming this year to pick out our own tree and haul it back (which would have been a chore anyway since we don't have the Jimmy anymore and Ray's Maxima and my Sonata don't have any racks to tie anything to. I have to admit that it was great to just have the lights already on, pull it out of the box, and start decorating. But, I am going to get a candle that smells like pine so at least my nose can think it's real. I'll post pics later of our decorated house, which I have to say I'm pretty impressed with, and our tree.

5 comments:

FishHead said...

Happy Thanksgiving! sounds like quite an adventure with all the sick kids. We miss you! I'll have to give you a call tomorrow to catch up. Take care and thanks for taking the time to post

Bennett Family said...

cute, cute boys! can't wait to see the Xmas decos! i LOVE this time of year.

Zappe Family said...

Oh...love the Turkey day adventures. It's so true about the kiddos getting sick at the most inconvenient times! I'm also right there with you on the being mentally prepared for travels too...Kami...so much alike!

Mandy Jarvis said...

Daniel is dying to take the kids out on a bike ride I'm not a big bike rider myself but am trying to work myself up to it for this summer. We love seeing the pictures of your cutie family!

Ammon M. Crapo said...

Ray, you are looking as good as ever! Congratulations. Well done.